About The Table
Would you come to church, or come back to church, if things were different?
The Table is all about being church in a different yet faithful way.
We’re a multi-generational faith community with a heart for young adults. That’s why we’re doing church in new and creative ways!
We don’t gather in pews but around tables; We don’t preach long sermons, we engage in conversation; We are not about simplistic answers or easy platitudes, we like and encourage the hard questions; We are grounded in the grace and love of God as revealed in Christ; We practice the ancient rituals in new and creative ways; We value diversity, we are gay and we are straight; We’re not for everybody but we just might be the kind of faith community for which you have been looking!
“The Table” is a ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. Here’s a link to the teachings of the ELCA.
All are welcome at “The Table”
• And all means all ….
• all races, all national backgrounds,
• all economic levels, all educational levels,
• all gender identities, all sexual orientations,
• all political leanings, all differently-abled people in mind and in body,
• all who are wise and all who are confused,
• all who live here and all who are passing through,
• all who are religious and all who are seeking,
• all who are far off and all who are near,
• all who have found love and all who have lost it,
• all who are settled and all who are questioning,
• all who celebrate this welcome statement and all who fear it,
• all who desire to be reconciled in Christ’s love.
ALL are welcome to The Table!
The Table is a Reconciling in Christ ministry welcoming and affirming members of the LGBTQ community. The Table is also listed in the Affirming Church Directory at gaychurch.org!
Pastor Greg Ronning began his call as the Mission Developer Pastor at “The Table” in February 2014. Pastor Greg is a graduate of California Lutheran University and he holds a Masters of Divinity degree from Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary. He was ordained in 1988 and served at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Lafayette California as the Associate Pastor for Youth until 1993. In 1993 he became the Campus Pastor at Texas Lutheran where he served until January 2014.
Follow Pastor Greg’s Blog “The Acoustic Word”
Email "The Table" at firstname.lastname@example.org
Like The Table on Facebook
Follow The Table on Twitter thetableoc